NC: Masonboro by G135 MM 287.5
- Date Reported: Aug 26, 2018
- Reporter: Bob423
- Source: User
There are two shoaling spots along this stretch down to 5 MLW.
- At 500 ft north of G135, move over to red edge of channel. You may pass over a 6 MLW spot unless you load the GPX route but you will avoid a 5 MLW spot (see top chartlet)
- After passing G135, return to center of channel.
- At 700 ft north of G137, move to red edge of channel for 8 MLW (see bottom chartlet)
- Return to center of channel after passing G137
Below are 8/6/2018 chartlets from the USACE on the shoaling. The best strategy is just to load the GPX route BMasonG080618.
- Lat / Lon: N 34° 09.657' / W 077° 51.027'
1 Boater Comment
These are observations from the boating community. Waterway Guide information is verified regularly and all efforts will be made to validate any new updates submitted here. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience.
Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Current Review Policies
- Comments are reviewed and/or verified by Waterway Guide staff and do not post immediately. Please use a valid email address so that we can contact you if we need clarification (email address will not be published).
- Name will be published. Anonymous comments may not be posted.
- Comments will be shared with the reviewed marina to offer them an opportunity to respond. If they choose to do so, the marina’s comments may also be posted in response to the original comment.
- Comments containing foul or obscene language will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Comments containing personal attacks will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Off-topic content will be rejected.
- Comments must describe commenter's personal experience – “hearsay” reports will be rejected.
- Comments must be understandable and clear enough to inform other boaters.
- URL links are allowed only if they inform the content – no “advertising” your business or blog.