- Enter 3 or more letters of the location to which you would like to change
- Select your location from the dropdown list
NC: Browns Inlet, MM 238.2 for 8.7 MLLW
- Date Reported: Aug 26, 2018
- Reporter: Bob423
- Source: USACE
There is shoaling to 2 MLW in the channel, follow directions for 8.7 MLW. Note the new buoy positions. The US Army Corps of Engineers survey (shown below) was completed 8/20/2018. You can download a GPX route at BBrown082018 The "W" path has become so exaggerated that's it's hard to describe, download the GPX file if you can and study the chartlet from the USACE.
- Turn to starboard when approaching G61A and stay off G61A by 75 ft
- You cannot aim directly at R60, there's a 4 ft MLW shoal in the way.
- Turn to port for 150 ft and then aim for R60
- Pass R60 and R62 by 50 ft off.
- Continue on same heading until you return to center of channel
- Turn to port and pass R62 and R60 by 50 ft off.
- Continue past R60 by 150 ft and then aim for G61A
- Pass G61A by 50 ft off and round the turn to port (towards shore, the shoal is in the middle).
- Continue past G61A for 150 ft and then turn to starboard and aim for center of channel.
Study the chartlet below!
- Lat / Lon: N 34° 35.842' / W 077° 14.641'
Be the first to provide comments about this nav alert
These are observations from the boating community. Waterway Guide information is verified regularly and all efforts will be made to validate any new updates submitted here. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience.
Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Current Review Policies
- Comments are reviewed and/or verified by Waterway Guide staff and do not post immediately. Please use a valid email address so that we can contact you if we need clarification (email address will not be published).
- Name will be published. Anonymous comments may not be posted.
- Comments will be shared with the reviewed marina to offer them an opportunity to respond. If they choose to do so, the marina’s comments may also be posted in response to the original comment.
- Comments containing foul or obscene language will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Comments containing personal attacks will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Off-topic content will be rejected.
- Comments must describe commenter's personal experience – “hearsay” reports will be rejected.
- Comments must be understandable and clear enough to inform other boaters.
- URL links are allowed only if they inform the content – no “advertising” your business or blog.
- Maine to Cape Cod
- Long Island Sound & Long Is.
- Hudson River, NY Harbor & NJ Coast
- Chesapeake & Delaware Bays
- Atlantic ICW - VA thru GA
- Atlantic ICW - FL & St. Johns R.
- Florida Keys
- Okeechobee Waterway
- Bahamas & Turks & Caicos
- Gulf Coast - Florida
- Gulf Coast - AL thru TX
- NY & Canadian Canals, L. Champlain, & St. Lawrence River
- Great Lakes, Georgian Bay, N. Channel
- Inland Rivers - Chicago to Mobile