- Enter 3 or more letters of the location to which you would like to change
- Select your location from the dropdown list
FL: St Johns River, FEC Railroad Bridge, March closures for repairs
- Date Reported: Feb 1, 2018
- Reporter: Ted Stehle
- Source: CG 7th District LNM 07052018
The Coast Guard has issued a temporary deviation from the operating schedule that governs the Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad Bridge across the St. Johns River, mile 24.9, at Jacksonville, FL. The deviation is necessary to accommodate maintenance and repairs on the bridge. This deviation allows the bridge to remain closed to navigation with partial openings at pre-determined times during the maintenance period. This deviation is effective from 1 p.m. on March 10, 2018 to 7:30 p.m. on March 23, 2018.
This temporary deviation allows the bridge to remain closed to navigation from 1 p.m. on March 10, 2018 through 7:59 a.m. on March 18, 2018. The bridge will be allowed to remain in the closed to navigation position with partial openings from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on March 18, 2018; from 8:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. on March 19, 2018; from 9:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. on March 20, 2018; from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. on March 21, 2018; from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on March 22, 2018; and from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on March 23, 2018. During these designated time periods, the bridge will provide a partial opening with a vertical clearance of 75 feet at mean high water at the center of the channel.
If you have questions on this temporary deviation, call or e-mail LT Allan Storm, U.S. Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville, Waterways Management Division; telephone 904-714-7616, e-mail [email protected].
- Lat / Lon: N 30° 19.272' / W 081° 39.971'
Be the first to provide comments about this nav alert
These are observations from the boating community. Waterway Guide information is verified regularly and all efforts will be made to validate any new updates submitted here. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience.
Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Current Review Policies
- Comments are reviewed and/or verified by Waterway Guide staff and do not post immediately. Please use a valid email address so that we can contact you if we need clarification (email address will not be published).
- Name will be published. Anonymous comments may not be posted.
- Comments will be shared with the reviewed marina to offer them an opportunity to respond. If they choose to do so, the marina’s comments may also be posted in response to the original comment.
- Comments containing foul or obscene language will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Comments containing personal attacks will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Off-topic content will be rejected.
- Comments must describe commenter's personal experience – “hearsay” reports will be rejected.
- Comments must be understandable and clear enough to inform other boaters.
- URL links are allowed only if they inform the content – no “advertising” your business or blog.
- Maine to Cape Cod
- Long Island Sound & Long Is.
- Hudson River, NY Harbor & NJ Coast
- Chesapeake & Delaware Bays
- Atlantic ICW - VA thru GA
- Atlantic ICW - FL & St. Johns R.
- Florida Keys
- Okeechobee Waterway
- Bahamas & Turks & Caicos
- Gulf Coast - Florida
- Gulf Coast - AL thru TX
- NY & Canadian Canals, L. Champlain, & St. Lawrence River
- Great Lakes, Georgian Bay, N. Channel
- Inland Rivers - Chicago to Mobile