NC: Intracoastal and Shallotte Inlet, CAUTION: Area of frequent shoaling
- Date Reported: Jun 18, 2019
- Reporter: Bob423
- Source: USACE
Shallotte has been dredged the spring of 2019. Stay in the middle of the channel, do not hug any buoys. The survey below was taken by the USACE on 6/7/2019. The least I saw on 5/4/2019 was 10.4 MLLW. For now, Shallotte is behaving very nicely in stark contrast to Lockwoods Folly which is shoaling in.
- Lat / Lon: N 33° 54.505' / W 078° 22.959'
Be the first to provide comments about this nav alert
These are observations from the boating community. Waterway Guide information is verified regularly and all efforts will be made to validate any new updates submitted here. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience.
Waterway Guide reserves the option of editing reviews and comments for grammar, clarity and the removal of defamatory or potentially slanderous language. When appropriate, reviews are forwarded to businesses for response prior to being made public. We will make every effort to be objective and impartial when posting reviews, but do not publicize details of disputes between parties.
Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Current Review Policies
- Comments are reviewed and/or verified by Waterway Guide staff and do not post immediately. Please use a valid email address so that we can contact you if we need clarification (email address will not be published).
- Name will be published. Anonymous comments may not be posted.
- Comments will be shared with the reviewed marina to offer them an opportunity to respond. If they choose to do so, the marina’s comments may also be posted in response to the original comment.
- Comments containing foul or obscene language will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Comments containing personal attacks will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Off-topic content will be rejected.
- Comments must describe commenter's personal experience – “hearsay” reports will be rejected.
- Comments must be understandable and clear enough to inform other boaters.
- URL links are allowed only if they inform the content – no “advertising” your business or blog.