- Enter 3 or more letters of the location to which you would like to change
- Select your location from the dropdown list
FL: New Pass, shoaling
- Date Reported: Jan 25, 2017
- Reporter: Ted Stehle
- Source: CG 7th District LNM 07042017
The U.S. Coast Guard has received reports of shoaling in New Pass, Sarasota County. Shoaling occurs between Buoys 5, 6 and Light 7 with depths of 4 feet in certain area. Mariners should use caution and consult the latest Army Corps of Engineers Hydrographic surveys for more information at
New Pass Channel Buoy 5A (LLNR 21610) has been repositioned to 27-19-34.036N/082-35-23.101W to best mark shoaling.
- Lat / Lon: N 27° 19.547' / W 082° 35.334'
Be the first to provide comments about this nav alert
These are observations from the boating community. Waterway Guide information is verified regularly and all efforts will be made to validate any new updates submitted here. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience.
Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Current Review Policies
- Comments are reviewed and/or verified by Waterway Guide staff and do not post immediately. Please use a valid email address so that we can contact you if we need clarification (email address will not be published).
- Name will be published. Anonymous comments may not be posted.
- Comments will be shared with the reviewed marina to offer them an opportunity to respond. If they choose to do so, the marina’s comments may also be posted in response to the original comment.
- Comments containing foul or obscene language will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Comments containing personal attacks will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Off-topic content will be rejected.
- Comments must describe commenter's personal experience – “hearsay” reports will be rejected.
- Comments must be understandable and clear enough to inform other boaters.
- URL links are allowed only if they inform the content – no “advertising” your business or blog.
- Maine to Cape Cod
- Long Island Sound & Long Is.
- Hudson River, NY Harbor & NJ Coast
- Chesapeake & Delaware Bays
- Atlantic ICW - VA thru GA
- Atlantic ICW - FL & St. Johns R.
- Florida Keys
- Okeechobee Waterway
- Bahamas & Turks & Caicos
- Gulf Coast - Florida
- Gulf Coast - AL thru TX
- NY & Canadian Canals, L. Champlain, & St. Lawrence River
- Great Lakes, Georgian Bay, N. Channel
- Inland Rivers - Chicago to Mobile