- Enter 3 or more letters of the location to which you would like to change
- Select your location from the dropdown list
MD: Choptank River, MD 331 Bridge construction
- Date Reported: Sep 20, 2016
- Reporter: Ted Stehle
- Source: CG 5th District LNM 05382016
A construction firm, on behalf of the Maryland State Highway Administration, is constructing a new bridge to replace the SR 331/Dover (Swing) Bridge over Choptank River, mile 35.3, between Talbot and Caroline Counties, Maryland. Construction activities begun on September 16, 2014 and are expected to finish in November 2018. Detailed project information and information concerning the waterway closures will be provided via updated local notice to mariners, broadcast notice to mariners and marine safety information bulletins. Tugs, crane barges, and vessels are operating or stationed in the vicinity of the existing and new bridge. McLean Contracting Companys tugs and vessels are monitoring VHF-FM channel 13 when work is in progress or vessels are operating in the area. The MDSHA project engineer may be contacted at (816) 989-4019 and McLean Contracting Site Supervisor may be contacted at (443) 980-7633. Mariners should use extreme caution when transiting the area. Project Information may be found at: http://apps.roads.maryland.gov/WebProjectLifeCycle/ProjectSchedule.aspx?projectno=TA392515
- Lat / Lon: N 38° 45.348' / W 075° 59.927'
Be the first to provide comments about this nav alert
These are observations from the boating community. Waterway Guide information is verified regularly and all efforts will be made to validate any new updates submitted here. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience.
Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Current Review Policies
- Comments are reviewed and/or verified by Waterway Guide staff and do not post immediately. Please use a valid email address so that we can contact you if we need clarification (email address will not be published).
- Name will be published. Anonymous comments may not be posted.
- Comments will be shared with the reviewed marina to offer them an opportunity to respond. If they choose to do so, the marina’s comments may also be posted in response to the original comment.
- Comments containing foul or obscene language will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Comments containing personal attacks will be rejected or returned for resubmission.
- Off-topic content will be rejected.
- Comments must describe commenter's personal experience – “hearsay” reports will be rejected.
- Comments must be understandable and clear enough to inform other boaters.
- URL links are allowed only if they inform the content – no “advertising” your business or blog.
- Maine to Cape Cod
- Long Island Sound & Long Is.
- Hudson River, NY Harbor & NJ Coast
- Chesapeake & Delaware Bays
- Atlantic ICW - VA thru GA
- Atlantic ICW - FL & St. Johns R.
- Florida Keys
- Okeechobee Waterway
- Bahamas & Turks & Caicos
- Gulf Coast - Florida
- Gulf Coast - AL thru TX
- NY & Canadian Canals, L. Champlain, & St. Lawrence River
- Great Lakes, Georgian Bay, N. Channel
- Inland Rivers - Chicago to Mobile